Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Some Wool Jewelry Stories - Chapter II


wool is just amazing. I have no words to describe the feeling I have when I work with it.
As I was saying in the previous chapter, I started a project with a dear friend and artist. Now I can reveal the name, it is no longer a surprise: David Sandu. This collaboration has a name: C14. 

Here is the official text:

"About common origins 
About the things that we can see in the same way.
About the first gods 
And about the times in which "to build" did not mean "to destroy".  

C14 is a collection - project initiated by David Sandu in which, twice a year, he invites two jewelry designers or authors to collaborate, imagine and build together a series of objects that resemble the beginnings of humanity. This world, which we usually rediscover through the artefacts and archaeological reconstructions, is re-evaluated each time by three artists with predilections and training in various techniques and materials.  C14 is a discursive exercise about three designers articulating ideas and sharing their creative and technical resources.  
David Sandu – metal – silver 925 – plated with gold and patina 
Adina Marin - wool felting 
Irina Moses/Andelina Petican– wax modelling "

I will let you enjoy some of the details of this collection, and I promise that next time I will post the final pieces.

























No comments:

Post a Comment